The Parish Advocacy Ministry assists the Pastor in working for and with parishioners with disabilities to become full participants in the life of the parish spiritually, physically and socially. Specifically, Parish Advocates:
- Identify persons and assess unmet needs, gifts, and interests as related to parish life
- Assess accessibility of parish facilities
- Work with pastoral staff and parish program leaders to promote invitation and inclusion
- Serve as a resource to parish
- Inform the parish about events hosted by the Diocese of Harrisburg's Ministry with People with Disabilities
LOCAL MASSES & EVENTS
- Interpreted Mass: There are two locations for Masses for the deaf offering ASL interpretation.
St. Joseph Parish (400 E. Simpson St, Mechanicsburg) also has Mass signed in ASL by Fr. Tom Rozman every Sunday at 9:45 a.m. Confession available in ASL by appointment.
St. John Neumann Parish (601 E. Delp Road, Lancaster) has an interpreted Mass for the deaf on the first & third Sunday of each month at 11:00 a.m. and on the second & fourth Sunday of each month at 9:00 a.m. (*Due to COVID-19, this Mass will not be offered until furthur notice*)
- Quiet Mass:
St. Catherine Laboure Parish (4000 Derry St, Harrisburg) hosts a Mass adapted for persons livng with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families on the second Sunday of each month, September to May. (*Due to COVID-19, this Mass will not be offered until furthur notice*)